Let us freak your sounds for you!
It's super easy, just upload up to 50 sounds in .WAV format for us to then run through whichever unit you have specified. We offer a range of 8-bit samplers, 12-bit samplers, hardware FX units and also 4-track cassette tape. Instantly add some lo-fi mojo to your sound without having to buy, learn and record a vintage machine.
If you are going after a certain sound like over driven input samples or super distortion, let us know. One-shot drums or percussion will work best through these units as some have sample time limitations but synth, vocal, stabs, single cycle and bass sounds can be done as well. If you want to run full drum breaks through that can be achieved with some tricks.
Sounds will be recorded out of the units and into our API preamp and Lavry a/d converter to send back to you. 72 hour turnaround time.
You retain ownership of the sounds sent to us and they will not be used by us for anything other than the service stated. You also agree to not use the sounds we have helped design in any commercial sample products, only in your music.
Here are the units we currently have available:
- Boss SP-202- 4 sample rates, with Lofi 1 mode being our favorite.
- Akai S-950- classic hiphop 12-bit sampler with a variable rate.
- Yamaha SU-10- portable slept on sampler with it's own character.
- Roland JS-30- 8-bit noisy secret tool (crazy kick drums!)
- Casio SK-5- super lo-fi toy keyboard
- Casio RZ-1- another lo-fi great from Casio
- DSI DSM-02 Character Module- drive+decimate yields some nice lo-fi sampler results
- Tascam Porta 03- 4 track cassette tape recorder
- OTO Biscuit- 8-bit mangler. Everything from pseudo SP-1200 drums to distorted filtered damage.
- Boss SP-404SX- lofi mode with vinyl emulation
- E-MU EMAX I - Kid brother to the SP1200 and Emulator samplers. Lofi and gritty.
If we are backed up on processing orders and cannot make the 72 hr time commitment, we will reach out via email to let you know.